CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Waiting Game....Again!!

By far the hardest part of pregnancy, for me, is waiting around for labor to begin. Lena was born EXACTLY on her due date. Well, actually she just barely made it, by arriving at about 11:52. I didn't have any sort of "warning" that labor was coming. I had been dilated 2 cm and 50 % effaced for weeks. I hadn't experienced any real contractions (well, not including the couple I got while watching a crazy Cats game) I vividly remember sitting in bed....on the computer...at midnight...when I felt my first true contraction. There was no doubt in my mind that this was "it". And sure enough they steadily came every 15-20 minutes all night. They grew more painful, and closer together, and when I saw red, I made my way to the hospital.

Parker's story, not so much. When I went for my 37 week checkup, I was already miserable. I had cleaned the entire morning, and my back was aching like no other. I didn't get my hopes up for much of anything. However, when I heard the words 3-4cm and 50-70 % effaced I thought "WHAT"!!! Dr. Croce seemed certain I would go into labor by the weekend. And while I knew that the doctor's can only make a "prediction", I was hopeful. My checkup sent my body completely out of wack. The usual spotting, cramping, contracting, followed my the loss of my plug had me extremely hopeful. Again, not so much. This misery went on for DAYS followed by days of NOTHING!!! I think I have had about 4 or 5 different instances where I thought, this is it. I kid you not, there were a couple of times my contractions hurt so bad, I couldn't get out of bed. But, alas, they eased up and still no baby!

So the waiting has been much harder this time around. Actually it's not so much the waiting part, as it is the fake out. Let me be clear....these so called "false contractions" can HURT! And I'm having them so often now, that I don't even get excited anymore. I just chalk it up to my little prankster and go about my business. Hopefully I don't sit around ignoring them and end up having a baby in the back seat of Bertha! LoL

Needless to say, I am ready. I hope Parker is too. Maybe all this pain and agony won't be a waste of time and labor will go fast. (I won't hold my breath) Did I mention that my hormones have me feeling extremely negative these days...Ugh!! :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment