CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm going to be a Mommy!!

If life wasn't crazy enough after planning a wedding, being a wife, building a house, and moving to NC, God decided to bless us with a baby!! Joshua and I conceived baby McCombs during the honeymoon, not before the wedding for those of you who think other wise!! :0) The week after we got back from our honeymoon I hadn't been feeling very well. I was tired, sick, and just irritable! I just knew! You can't explain it, butyou have this feeling that you are pregnant. The next week I was getting Allie ready to go see her vet when I got so sick, I decided it was time to take a pregnancy test! So after I dropped her off, I stopped by Harris Teeter to pick up a First Response ( I was still about a week away from a missed period). I didn't tell Josh I was taking the test. I just figured it would be better if it came up a big ole negative. The lady at the register was so sweet. "Is this your first?" "Are you nervous?" "Goodluck!!" It's so interesting to me how baby can bring up any conversation. From there the 15 minute drive home seemed endless. I walked in the door and went straight for the potty. And, to put it as nicely as possible, tinkled on that little stick. Now, for those of you who have taken a pregnancy test before will completely understand the next part. For those 3 minutes my head was full of daydreams. What will it look like? Will it be a boy or girl? Can it sing? I don't think there was ever really a doubt in my mind that I was with child. At the end of that three minutes there was the one line, that indicates you peed and then a very faint "you are pregnant" line. I went ahead and took the other test in the box, just to make sure and the results were exactly the same.

A faint line.....what does that mean? I read the instructions in the box and noticed that a second line, no matter how faint is a positive. I was filled with joy, anticipation, nerves, and utter fear!! How in the world was I going to tell Josh? We both knew we wanted children, but just assumed it would be a couple of years from now, atleast. I thought about doing it in a cute way, or suprising him, but as soon as he walked in the door from work and saw me wrapped in a blanket on the couch, he knew something was up. So I just told him!

Next step, how do we tell our parents. We knew we didn't want to do it over the phone, and since we live seven hours away we would have to wait for the next opportunity to come home (2 weeks later). Keeping the fact that I was pregnant in for that long was absolute torture. Mainly because I was dying for some advice from someone who knew me and had gone through this a couple of times before, aka mommy! I decided to make the telling here a bit more fun. Joshua and I went out and bought 3 bottles, his parents are divorced so we have 3 sets!! I found this adorable little poem from the baby to the grandparents, typed it up, and put it in the bottle. A "message in a bottle" The reactions were all priceless. There were tears, laughter, joy, and complete SHOCK!! We had a lot of fun with it. We are now 7 weeks along and trying to ease through the sickness and exhaustion!! March 26th can not get here soon enough!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment