CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...."

Wow, it's been a minute since I have written anything on here. Not too much has happened over the course of time. I am finally starting to actually look pregnant, which means I am gaining weight!! I am sure many women can relate to that first initial "pop" of the belly! It's welcomed, and in some ways HORRIFYING!! By no means am I model skinny, but I have always been blessed with a metabolism that kept me slender, plus my height doesn't help. So watching my body curve out in ways I thought impossible, has brought a bit of shock. Luckily I have one of those husbands that is enjoying my new figure. He reminds me everyday how beautiful he thinks I am!! How sweet!
Another amazing thing in our lives is our new mode of transportation. Joshua and I bought a minivan the other night!! After searching for a vehicle bigger than our tiny mazda 6, I found that none of the SUVs really "fit", not to mention the heavy lifting you have to do to get in and out of an SUV. Plus, in order to get the room I was looking for in a vehicle, I felt like I was driving a huge tank around, not to mention the horrible gas mileage they all seem to get. And with us living eight hours from home, a vehicle with good gas was essential on our list!
So, it got me thinking. I always swore that I would never, ever, ever drive a minivan. After doing some research and looking into the ewer models, I slowly began to give into the Dodge Caravan. We found one in Charlotte we really liked and decided to go test drive it. Four hours later we were driving off the lot in it! I have to mention also, that Josh and I sat inside while the paper work was being completed just laughing. We are only 23, aren't we supposed to be in our sports car with the top down cruising the coast?? I guess the Lord had bigger plans for us! We wouldn't trade any of what we are going through for all the money in the world!
We even talked about that last night. I couldn't imagine us not growing more and more into our roles as parents each day. We know it will be a challenge at times, but WOW....we are having a baby!!
We find out a week from today what the little one is! We will finally be able to refer to it by name as opposed to "it"!! I have a feeling I know what it is, you know the whole mother's intuition thing! I will let you all know if I am right....or just WAY off!! As for my title...I have began to notice that one of the few meats that still have its normal delicious taste are ribs. So that is what Joshua and I will be enjoying for dinner tonight!! :0)
Hope you all have an amazing day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment