CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

.......

So I have probably started 3 different blog posts this week, none of which seemed to be too intriguing and were aborted after about a paragraph. Life has really just been pretty normal at the McCombs house.

We are planning our first trip home in a couple of weeks. I am both excited, and dreading it at the same time. Going home just isn't the same for me anymore. My parents no longer live there, so we always stay at Josh's parents. Don't misinterpret this. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my inlaws and am so blessed to have them as a part of my life, but their home, will never be a "replacement" for what my home was. You see, my parents also moved away from BG last year. They now occupy Delaware, OH, right outside of Columbus. So when we go home, in order to spend time with my parents we end up intruding my grandmothers, or have to make plans to go out. And it's just not the same. They are in the process of building a house right now, and I plan to spend a lot of time up there with them when it's done.

There are a lot of things that people take for granted on a day to day basis, and I am absolutely no exception. I can't tell you how many times we've visited home the last year and all I wanted was to be able to go to my mom and dad's and just lay on the porch swings. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a sure symbol of my childhood.
And extrememly comforting.

Now, going home can just be down right stressful. I was very much raised to be respectful, so when we stay at Josh's parents I completely consider myself a guest, and try to act respectfully so. (Not the easiest of tasks to do when you are about 8 months pregnant and really just need to veg out) And now, with Lena, I can just feel the stress coming on. She will more than likely, still be waking up to eat through the night, and we have now crossed over, into what I assume to be the world of colic. It's not horrible, but around 8 o'clock at night a crying fit ensues. The only two things that seem to help are a long warm bath...but the fit begins again as soon as you dress her, or simply walking and swaying her around the house. The crying doesn't last horribly long and I can manage, but I have a feeling my
nerves will get the best of me when/if it happens and we are a guest at someones home.

But alas I will manageand deal with my stresses and nerves. You see, I am usually a down right blunt type of person. And when it comes to my child, there will be no exception. I'm her mother, so my rules go...the end!! But I am always afraid that I will say something that will be miscontrewed (sp) and end up hurting someone's feelings. I don't so much worry about this on my side, actually I don't worry about it at all...where do you think I get it from!! :0) Plus they've spent years around me...they get ME and how I tick.

So there are my "personal" anxietys about going to what used to be "home". Not to mention the 8 hour drive with a 2 month old, and what I am sure will be anything but a restful vacation. With Lena thrown in the mix I have a feeling people will be fighting for our time. **sigh**

But I am also VERY excited. So many of my friends and family have yet to meet my perfect little angel, and I have to say I can't wait to show her off!! With it being a holiday week, and graduation, I wil have plenty of opportunity for her to meet the family!! I only wish it were a church weekend. There is absolutely something special about that first time you take your baby to church. Everyone gets up and come over to oo and ahh at her, passing her around to one another. I have a feeling I may have to schedule a trip with my mom in the next month or so, just so I can enjoy this right of passing every other mommy has received!!

So there...that's really all that's going on. Not much, not really exciting, and basically just a list of rambles!! But I consider myself blessed when I have a week of normalcy, something I am attempting to bask in and give thanks for!! :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment