CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Sleep!!!

So the night before last started off as any other night in our household. Dinner was eaten, a bath was given, and bed was calling our names. However, a certain little girl (who had been fussy and wanted to be held all day) had other plans. Once the crying and screaming began....it continued for almost the next 24 hours. I quickly learned that if she fell asleep in my arms that I needed to do all in my power to stay still in that position, and most definitely not attempt to sit her down.

Bless her heart. It was soo sad...well to a mommy of a baby it was very sad! I couldn't get her to latch on to nurse, and when she did, she would cry and scream like she was in pain. I just knew something was wrong, and had an inkling it was thrush. So after the 3 hours of sleep I was able to squeeze in, I woke up around 6 the next morning to a hungry baby, yet again unable to nurse. I also noticed that her whole body was covered in tiny red bumps, no doubt a rash. Her crying and fussiness quickly begain again. After getting a hold of her doctor's office I learned that I couldn't get her in until 3 that afternoon. And yes, she cried the entire day. Luckily Josh got home around 2 so I was able to shower. I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to show up in my puke stained pajamas and ratty hair!

Yep, I was right, thrush. The doctor informed that it had been caught very early and shouldn't take long to clear up. Boy was she right. I noticed a HUGE different after her first dose of meds. Thank the Lord. There was absolutely no way I was going to be able to pull a complete all nighter again and keep my sanity.

Luckily this morning she is doing great. Still not a fan of nursing (I am treating myself also, there's no doubt that I contracted it nursing her) but she will take the bottle just fine. Right now she is laying in her boppy and enjoying the television. There;s nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain, and feeling completely helpless!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment