CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's all Coming Together!

So today I found myself only 10 days away from my wedding day! I can't explain to you the excitement I am feeling knowing I am about to marry the love of my life, and best friend! For those of you who haven't been blessed enough to know my fiance Josh, he is truly the most amazing man in the world. I can say that our engagement wasn't always easy.
We were engaged at midnight on New Years of 2007! So this has been a long three year process for us! The engagement was absolutely perfect and romantic. I unfortunately had to pull a double at work that day, and didn't get off until 10 that night. Joshua came to work to see me right as I was getting off. We had thought about going out, but opted on staying in, mainly due to my tiredness. Josh went to get something for us to eat and I met him at his Mom and Stepdads house (where he was living at the time). When we got there all I could think about was a shower and PJs, followed by a long backrub! :0)
Joshua and I began to make our way downstairs after eating. While walking down I noticed a fuzzy light coming up. I didn't think much of it, until I noticed there were candles lit EVERYWHERE and a bottle of wine chilling on the coffee table. Josh took my bags and told me to go shower and get comfortable! I followed his directions, seeing as my steak perfume was a major mood killer!!
I could tell that Josh was anxious about something, but I was so exhausted that I didn't want to think, but just enjoy this amazing night together. We were watching the MTV NewYears party, so we saw the ball drop an hour ahead of our time. After that Josh turned the TV off and we layed there talking. He received a few odd phone calls, now that I think about it! It was his dad asking if he'd popped the question yet! haha Shortly after the clock struck midnight Josh looked at me and told me he wanted to ask me the first question of the new year. He told me how much he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and proceeded to give me my ring and ask me to marry him.
I smiled from ear to ear and happily agreed!! I didn't think of crying until I called my parents and talked to my daddy! Josh had been very sneaky and had gone to them weeks before with the ring to ask their permission! And now here we are almost 3 years later, a little over a week away from the big day! We couldn't be more ready than we are right at this moment! No regrets to the long engagement, or the way our relationship has played out! We have learned, and grown together! There were times we weren't on the same page in life, but we got through it with patience and understanding for one another, but mostly love! I am the luckiest woman in the world right now!!

GOD BLESS

0 comments:

Post a Comment