CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Turtle floats....

>
Yesterday we took Lena for her first visit to our neighborhood pool. I don't know what my problem is, but anytime we get out in a public area where there are likely to be a lot of people my nerves get the best of me. I worry about her crying and throwing a fit, ultimately ruining everyone's good time. She's only about 3 months old, so remember this momy thing is still relatively new to me!!

Where was I?? Ahh yes, Lena's first swim. She absolutely loved it, for about 10 minutes. We didn't get out there until about 6:45/7ish and my baby was tired and getting fussy. After taking a swim for a bit it was sleepy time for her.

I bought her the cutest turtle float (Joshua thinks I am trying to brainwash my baby into becoming a DZ) the unfortunate thing is that it's still a bit big for her. I have had the worse luck finding a float deamed suitable enough for a little baby!! **sigh** Her daddy took her in the water first. I could see the hesitation in her eyes as she appeared to be looking for her bathtub duck (there is a duck on her waterspout in her bathtub that she carries on deep conversation with at every bath!!) She quickly became amused. I took her out of the float for a bit and let her lay on her back in the water, until she realized that she was becoming relaxed and sleepy. Thus the fussiness ensued. After a bottle and a quick rock she was off to dreamland. Josh and I layed out for a bit and after an hour of this new adventure we decided to journey home!!

So to say the least the pool was a success, and I hope to have many days filled with sun bathing and turtle floats!!





2 comments:

The Alexander Family of 4!

She is such a cutie in her bathing suit! I could eat her up with a spoon!

Ashley Belle

Oh I know. She's soo rotten and loves the water. Hopefully we will be spending many afternoons there this summer!! The boys would love our pool, it has a kid section with an entire playground in the water!!

Post a Comment