CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

"When did we become adults??"

I've had this question on my mind a lot lately. I am sure it is due to the last year of life changes I have experienced (ie. Marriage, Moving, Baby on the way). I find it interesting to look back on the person I was, thought I would become, and the person I am today. I don't think maturity is something that just happens over time, I believe it's a decision. It's truly up to you to wake up one day and say "It's time for me to start a new chapter in my life." And do it!! For me, I really didn't "mature" until the last year. I wasn't walking around acting like a five year old, but I made just about every mistake you are permitted to make in your college years. Once I was done with school, I came to the realization that I would no longer have that excuse.

So, I made a decision. Did I want to be in my mid 30s at the bar every weekend, or did I want to create a life with my love and move into a new "adventure". I had a lot of anxiety about marriage, and domestic life. Not because I didn't love Josh and want to be with him, but because it wasn't what I had planned out for myself. Something you quickly learn through life is that it doesn't always go the way you planned, but it does turn out exactly the way it's supposed to.

By now I had planned to be a struggling Broadway Actress living in New York!! Now, I look back on that dream and laugh, mainly because I know it would have never made me as happy as I am now. It's easy to dream big, and shoot for the stars, when you're the only one to worry about. But the second you throw anyone else into the mixture, life changes. Now all I can think about is this growing life inside of me.

I'm not perfect, have never and will never be. And this life is not at all where I expected to be five years ago. But, this life is amazing....and even more precious and wonderful than anything I could have dreamed up!!

So there's my random thought for the day, unorganized and shuffled, but you get the point!! Happy Blogging everyone!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment